Cleveland Takes Testing Message Door to Door
‘Believers’ reach out to explain importance of graduation tests.
It wasn’t Sunday, but Cleveland’s Army of Believers was out rapping on doors. They were preaching the gospel of passing Ohio’s high school graduation test.
Eugene T. Sanders, the district’s chief executive officer, had called for an “army of believers” to help the district’s 57,000 students do better.
On a 20-degree Saturday morning, Feb. 24, about 300 volunteers—parents, City Council members, and local...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Upper School Principal
- Gulliver Schools, Pinecrest, FL
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA