Public Schools' Role
Public schools play a vital role in promoting the common good in American society, a report by the Washington-based Center on Education Policy says.
Unifying a diverse population, preparing students for citizenship in a democratic society, improving social conditions, ensuring equality for all children, and teaching students to be economically self-sufficient are public school goals that coincide with the betterment of society, according to the report. It traces the history and evolution of public schools in the United States from the mid-19th century to the present.
Vol. 26, Issue 24, Page 13
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Director, Accountability and Research
- Orange County Public Schools, Orlando, FL
- Mathematics Instructional Support Coach
- Weymouth Public Schools, Weymouth, MA
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ