Oscar Nomination Spotlights Autism
The Oscar-night paparazzi clearly were aiming for the actress Gwyneth Paltrow, in her pale-pink gown by the designer Stella McCartney.
But captured in a photo, to Ms. Paltrow’s left, was a smiling Sue Rubin, another presence on the red carpet at the Feb. 27 Academy Awards presentation in Hollywood.
Ms. Rubin, a 26-year-old with autism, is the subject of “Autism is a World,” a film that was nominated for...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Associate Director of Curriculum & Instruction
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY