Gore Claims Expulsions Prove Weapons Policies Working
More than 6,000 U.S. students were expelled for bringing a weapon to school last year, according to new federal figures that Vice President Al Gore released at a conference here last week.
The preliminary count of 6,276 students--most of whom were kicked out for carrying guns--is based on reports from 29 states and the District of Columbia. It is expected to grow as more states report their findings by the July 1 deadline, the first of what will...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL