The latest news about charter schools, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
If you're a student attending a virtual charter high school, the chances are pretty high that the majority of your classmates are not going to earn a diploma on time, an Education Week Research Center analysis finds. (April 18, 2019)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
In this e-book on the charter school movement’s first 25 years, Education Week details charter schools’ impact on: public education, school choice initiatives, student achievement, accountability systems, special education students, English-language learners, and equity and integration.
• Charter Schools
With growing evidence that the nation's cyber charter schools are plagued by serious academic and management problems, Education Week conducted a months-long investigation into what is happening in this niche sector of K-12 schooling.
Charter Schools at 25
Twenty-five years ago, Minnesota passed the country's first charter school law. Since then, the charter sector has expanded exponentially. Explore the evolution of charter schools and debate over diversity.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary School Principal
- Hartford School District, Quechee, Vermont
- Director of Elementary Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
- Hartford School District, White River Junction, Vermont
- School Psychologist
- Milford Public Schools, Milford, Connecticut
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- 2019-2020 School Psychologist
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US