Thirteen Western states that are home to more than 93 percent of the nation’s federally owned land have formed a coalition to lobby Washington for an annual $4 billion in lost local and state property-tax revenues on the federal land, nearly $1.9 billion of which would have gone to pay for public education.
December 13, 2006 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch— September 19
Most Popular Stories
- Regional Director-Northeast Region
- NFTE, New York City, New York
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- School Principal
- Immaculate High School, Danbury, Connecticut
- Assistant Principal
- Elmwood Village Charter School, Buffalo, New York
- Education Program Manager II, Chief of Special Education Performance Support & Technical Assistance
- Maryland State Dept of Education, Baltimore, Maryland