Thirteen Western states that are home to more than 93 percent of the nation’s federally owned land have formed a coalition to lobby Washington for an annual $4 billion in lost local and state property-tax revenues on the federal land, nearly $1.9 billion of which would have gone to pay for public education.
December 13, 2006 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch— September 19
Most Popular Stories
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.
- Special Education
- Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida
- Director of System Level Partnerships
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York
- Chief Communications Officer
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, Georgia
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US