Thirteen Western states that are home to more than 93 percent of the nation’s federally owned land have formed a coalition to lobby Washington for an annual $4 billion in lost local and state property-tax revenues on the federal land, nearly $1.9 billion of which would have gone to pay for public education.
December 13, 2006 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch— September 19
Most Popular Stories
- Dean, School of Education and Professional Studies
- SUNY Potsdam, Nationwide
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Head of School
- The Lab School of Washhington, Washington D.C.
- Principal - Middle School
- MARANA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, Tucson, Arizona
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.