Thirteen Western states that are home to more than 93 percent of the nation’s federally owned land have formed a coalition to lobby Washington for an annual $4 billion in lost local and state property-tax revenues on the federal land, nearly $1.9 billion of which would have gone to pay for public education.
December 13, 2006 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch— September 19
Most Popular Stories
- Upper Elementary Teacher
- Green Ivy Schools, New York City, New York
- Teach Western Mass - Openings in Math/SPED/ESL!
- Teach Western Mass, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- High School Principal - Monument Mountain Regional High School
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Great Barrington, Massachusetts
- Charter School Teachers
- RCMA Charter Schools, Immokalee, Florida