About the Symposium
In this unique three-day event, school and district leaders are invited to join Education Week as we convene experts, practitioners, and researchers — and tap into the deep reporting knowledge of Education Week’s editorial staff and research team — to discuss the top issues and challenges confronting leaders today.
Through a variety of session formats, guests, and topics; each day will offer attendees the opportunity to dive deep into the ever-changing landscape which school and district leaders are charged with navigating. Attendees will leave with actionable takeaways that can be adopted and adapted to schools and districts everywhere.
Attendees will gain insight into the strategies used by leaders, innovators, and influencers to:
- Rebound faster from the disruptions of the 2020-21 school year
- Learn proven tactics that help drive your strategy in the 2021-22 school year
- Discover the latest findings and best-practices delivered to you by Education Week’s K-12 journalists, experts, and Research Center
Check back as we continue to add Sessions & Speakers!
May 10 | Teaching & Learning
• What technological advances have we made during the year of hybrid/remote learning and what do we think the next few years will look like as a result of these learnings?
• How do we measure what students have learned and what should we be thinking about when evaluating student performance in the years to come?
• What implications will this year have on the future of curriculum and assessment, closing the achievement gap, and preparing students for the workforce?
Opening & Welcome Remarks
The Pandemic's Affects on Learning
Distributed Leadership in Curriculum Development
The Science of Reading: Best Practices for the Early Grades
Literacy Across Subjects
How Remote & Hybrid Learning are Reshaping
Is It Finally Time to Change How We Grade?
Day 1 Closing Remarks
May 11 | Student Wellness & Community Engagement
• Social emotional learning (SEL)
• Engaging with students and their families
• Supporting underprivileged student populations
How Schools Can Earn — and Deepen — Trust With Families
Meeting the social-Emotional Learning Needs of All Students
Supporting Students Experiencing Homelessness
May 12 | Leadership Post-Pandemic
• What lessons have we learned already and what hurdles do we anticipate over the coming years as a result of the pandemic?
• What skills and tools will be critical to grow and focus on in the upcoming school years?
• How do we reset from the pandemic and ensure our students and other stakeholders are able to do the same?
2021 Leaders To Learn From Virtual Gala
The common thread in all of our 2021 Leaders’ work: They adapted to meet the exceptional challenges of 2020. But those adaptations were built on deliberate, often invisible work.
You'll have the opportunity to hear from our leaders as they reflect on their work and leave feeling inspired and ready to tackle the year ahead.
Attendee Fees & Pricing
This event is made free for district and school leaders in part from support from our Sponsors.
School & District Leaders