The latest news about English-language learners, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Questions around which instructional strategies work best for English-learners are far from settled, including how much a bilingual approach to teaching puts such students at an advantage. (May 11, 2016)
• English-language learners
Learning the Language Blog
In this webinar, veteran teachers Larry Ferlazzo and Katie Hull Sypnieski offer guidance on integrating the common-core standards into ELL instruction.
Our guests in this online chat discuss the technology tools designed to support English-language learners in school, as well as the resources available for teachers.
This report looks at how the sweeping shift in demographic patterns has strained the capacity of school districts to develop and pay for instructional programs to teach children who are still learning English.
Perspectives on a Population
This exclusive 2009 report offers the most comprehensive, data-driven examination to date of ELL students and youths in the United States.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- Chief Turnaround Officer (Georgia State Board of Education)
- National Association of State Boards of Education, Atlanta, GA
- Special Education ELA Teacher, Gr. 9-12 (SY17-18)
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston, MA
- High School Principal (18-19 SY)
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Indianapolis, IN
- Elementary Science Teacher
- Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School, Boston, MA