Assessment and Testing
The latest news about assessment, including articles, Commentary, and special features.
This is the academic year when nearly every state must give assessments aligned to their "college- and career-ready" standards. But there are questions about how well those tests will measure mastery of the standards. (September 3, 2014)
In this webinar, Stuart R. Kahl, Ph.D., Deborah Farrington, M.Ed., and Ellen Vorenkamp, Ed.D., focused on the three key elements of creating effective classroom assessment, and how to build teacher capacity in each.
Common Assessments: What You Need to Know
Two groups of states aim to move past multiple-choice-only tests to include essays, projects, and other tasks designed to gauge deeper, more complex learning
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ