Reclaiming Your Teacher Mojo
The moderator asked a real softball of a question of the teachers on our panel: "What can administrators do to better support teachers?" Easy, right? I should have whaled that one out of the park. But I didn't. It was a swing and a miss as I stumbled over my words. My tired brain fizzled out, right there on stage, in front of dozens of parents and colleagues.
I needed to make some changes.
I wasn't sure how or what, but I knew I'd think of it while sweating it out on the trails. I committed to a series of hikes over break and on weekends, visiting a different Florida state park each time. And 32 miles later, having trekked through cypress swamps and scrub, I had come up with some strategies to reclaim my teacher...
This article is available to registered guests only.
Register free, or login below, to continue reading.
To Access Teacher and Education Week Articles, FREE E-Newsletters, and More!
|FREE! (limited access)|
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Roaring Fork School District, Carbondale, CO
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- ABA Instructional Aides--Anticipated Openings
- West Orange School District, West Orange, NJ