The Core Standards That Matter Most in My Classroom
You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler.
I've been thinking a lot about author and productivity consultant Denis Waitley's words as the Common Core State Standards take hold.
When I began my teaching career in Florida, we aimed to help students master the Sunshine State Standards. Then we shifted to grappling with, analyzing, and digesting the Next Generation Standards and the FCAT 2.0 assessment....
This article is available to registered guests only.
Register free, or login below, to continue reading.
To Access Teacher and Education Week Articles, FREE E-Newsletters, and More!
|FREE! (limited access)|
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- 9-12 Science Teacher (Emphasis in Physical Science) #345
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Italy
- Middle School English Language Arts Teacher
- The International Educator, India
- The International Educator, Japan