Spotlight on Professional Development
The Education Week Spotlight on Professional Development is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Turning teachers into coaches to improve collaboration and achievement
- Preparing educators for the challenges of the common-core standards
- Training out-of-school staff in defined core competencies, similar to professional teaching
- Building professional certifications for education technology
- Tips from teachers on creating meaningful professional development experiences
You get the ten articles below and a resource guide in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Professional Development (2011)
Teacher professional development is moving in new directions. There are new standards for professional learning, an array of technology tools, and emerging techniques for in-school professional development. This Spotlight looks at some of the recent trends in teacher and staff development.
Reinventing Professional Development
Innovative schools and educators are taking teacher professional development in new directions. With changes in technology and some schools' emphasis on looking within for learning opportunities, professional development is evolving even as budgets tighten.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Amityville Union Free School District, Amityville, NY
- Superintendent - Talladega, AL
- Alabama Association of School Boards, Talladega, AL
- Director of Physical Education & Athletics
- Fallsburg Central School, Fallsburg, NY