Spotlight on Professional Development
The Education Week Spotlight on Professional Development is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Turning teachers into coaches to improve collaboration and achievement
- Preparing educators for the challenges of the common-core standards
- Training out-of-school staff in defined core competencies, similar to professional teaching
- Building professional certifications for education technology
- Tips from teachers on creating meaningful professional development experiences
You get the ten articles below and a resource guide in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Professional Development (2011)
Teacher professional development is moving in new directions. There are new standards for professional learning, an array of technology tools, and emerging techniques for in-school professional development. This Spotlight looks at some of the recent trends in teacher and staff development.
Reinventing Professional Development
Innovative schools and educators are taking teacher professional development in new directions. With changes in technology and some schools' emphasis on looking within for learning opportunities, professional development is evolving even as budgets tighten.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL