Obama Presses School Safety, Mental-Health Initiatives
Some actions can be done under White House authority; fate of others are uncertain in a budget-wary Congress
President Barack Obama's comprehensive plan to help the nation avert gun violence—unveiled just over a month after the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School—includes actions the administration can take right away, such as crafting model school safety plans, and others, such as providing new money for broad school safety and mental-health programs, that will require...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ