Study Weighs Pros, Cons of Teacher Turnover
Teacher turnover can raise the average instructional quality of a struggling school, but there's no guarantee that a school trying to turn around will keep its best teachers and lose its worst.
That is the conclusion of a new study by Michael Hansen, a longitudinal-data research associate at the American Institutes for Research .
The findings are part of the Turning Around Low-Performing Schools project , the most comprehensive federal study of...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR