Special Education Vouchers
"The Promise of Special Needs Scholarships"
The tally of students with disabilities who attend private schools using vouchers is about 30,000 nationwide, according to a new report from the Alliance for School.
The report by the Washington-based advocacy group says eight states offer a total of 10 school choice programs just for students with disabilities. They include the largest and one of the oldest, which is Florida's, and one that begins this fall in Ohio.
Vol. 31, Issue 28, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME