Special Education Vouchers
"The Promise of Special Needs Scholarships"
The tally of students with disabilities who attend private schools using vouchers is about 30,000 nationwide, according to a new report from the Alliance for School.
The report by the Washington-based advocacy group says eight states offer a total of 10 school choice programs just for students with disabilities. They include the largest and one of the oldest, which is Florida's, and one that begins this fall in Ohio.
Vol. 31, Issue 28, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Healthy Start Academy, Durham, NC
- Senior Turnaround Consultant (Job ID: 8274)
- American Institutes for Research, Chicago, IL