Finland's Success Is No Miracle
The Finnish education system has been at the center of global attention for exactly a decade. Until the publication of the first Program for International Student Assessment, or PISA, results in December 2001, education in Finland didn't have an international reputation. Finnish results on previous international assessments had been average, at best. Even the Finns themselves thought their education system was nothing special and expressed particular concern about the quality of instruction in math and science in...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Benilde-St. Margaret's, St. Louis Park, MN
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH