Chicago Schools Take Cash for Longer Days
Teachers in at least nine Chicago schools have voted to work outside the union contract and extend their instructional day by 90 minutes in exchange for at least $75,000 from the district for their schools. The Chicago Teachers Union has filed a grievance over the process used by the schools to vote on the contract waiver. Teachers in schools that agree to waive the contract to allow longer days are to get lump-sum payments equal to 2 percent...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI