News in Brief
Chicago Schools Take Cash for Longer Days
Teachers in at least nine Chicago schools have voted to work outside the union contract and extend their instructional day by 90 minutes in exchange for at least $75,000 from the district for their schools. The Chicago Teachers Union has filed a grievance over the process used by the schools to vote on the contract waiver. Teachers in schools that agree to waive the contract to allow longer days are to get lump-sum payments equal to 2 percent of the average salary.
Vol. 31, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL