News in Brief
Schools Part of Anti-Terrorism Plan
The Obama administrations new strategy to fight the spread of violent radical groups in the United States relies, in part, on educators, but the eight-page document released last week is short on details, said lawmakers who have been urging the government to develop a plan to combat the homegrown terror threat. The document, which followed two years of high-level meetings, emphasizes the value of after-school programs to connect with teenagers, but it is based mostly on initiatives already under way. Denis McDonough, President Barack Obama's deputy national security adviser, said truancy was one warning sign.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 6
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV