News in Brief
Schools Part of Anti-Terrorism Plan
The Obama administrations new strategy to fight the spread of violent radical groups in the United States relies, in part, on educators, but the eight-page document released last week is short on details, said lawmakers who have been urging the government to develop a plan to combat the homegrown terror threat. The document, which followed two years of high-level meetings, emphasizes the value of after-school programs to connect with teenagers, but it is based mostly on initiatives already under way. Denis McDonough, President Barack Obama's deputy national security adviser, said truancy was one warning sign.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 6
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Part-time AP class instructors - remote
- Ascendant Institute, US
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Assistant Principal - Drake High School
- Tamalpais Union High School District, San Anselmo, CA
- The New School Montessori, Cincinnati, OH