News in Brief
L.A. Teacher-Evaluations Complaint Dismissed
Los Angeles public schools can proceed with a new teacher-evaluation system—including using students standardized-test scores as one measure of teacher effectiveness—after state officials rejected a union effort to block the plan. United Teachers Los Angeles had filed a complaint with the Public Employment Relations Board, which dismissed the complaint last month.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY