News in Brief
L.A. Teacher-Evaluations Complaint Dismissed
Los Angeles public schools can proceed with a new teacher-evaluation system—including using students standardized-test scores as one measure of teacher effectiveness—after state officials rejected a union effort to block the plan. United Teachers Los Angeles had filed a complaint with the Public Employment Relations Board, which dismissed the complaint last month.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH