News in Brief
Eight 'Chiefs for Change' Endorse Ed. School Review
Eight state education chiefs belonging to the Chiefs for Change coalition have endorsed a controversial review of university-based teacher education programs now being conducted by the National Council on Teacher Quality and U.S. News & World Report.
Eight of the nine members of the coalition, which describes itself as reform-minded, endorsed the review effort to grade every college of education in the country against more than a dozen standards, based primarily on reviews of course requirements and syllabuses. Virginia Secretary of Education Gerard Robinson was the only holdout among the nine chiefs.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Green Chimneys, Brewster, NY
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations