News in Brief
Eight 'Chiefs for Change' Endorse Ed. School Review
Eight state education chiefs belonging to the Chiefs for Change coalition have endorsed a controversial review of university-based teacher education programs now being conducted by the National Council on Teacher Quality and U.S. News & World Report.
Eight of the nine members of the coalition, which describes itself as reform-minded, endorsed the review effort to grade every college of education in the country against more than a dozen standards, based primarily on reviews of course requirements and syllabuses. Virginia Secretary of Education Gerard Robinson was the only holdout among the nine chiefs.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL