News in Brief
Eight 'Chiefs for Change' Endorse Ed. School Review
Eight state education chiefs belonging to the Chiefs for Change coalition have endorsed a controversial review of university-based teacher education programs now being conducted by the National Council on Teacher Quality and U.S. News & World Report.
Eight of the nine members of the coalition, which describes itself as reform-minded, endorsed the review effort to grade every college of education in the country against more than a dozen standards, based primarily on reviews of course requirements and syllabuses. Virginia Secretary of Education Gerard Robinson was the only holdout among the nine chiefs.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN