News in Brief
Eight 'Chiefs for Change' Endorse Ed. School Review
Eight state education chiefs belonging to the Chiefs for Change coalition have endorsed a controversial review of university-based teacher education programs now being conducted by the National Council on Teacher Quality and U.S. News & World Report.
Eight of the nine members of the coalition, which describes itself as reform-minded, endorsed the review effort to grade every college of education in the country against more than a dozen standards, based primarily on reviews of course requirements and syllabuses. Virginia Secretary of Education Gerard Robinson was the only holdout among the nine chiefs.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Commissioner of Education
- CT State Department of Education, Hartford, CT