News in Brief
Eight 'Chiefs for Change' Endorse Ed. School Review
Eight state education chiefs belonging to the Chiefs for Change coalition have endorsed a controversial review of university-based teacher education programs now being conducted by the National Council on Teacher Quality and U.S. News & World Report.
Eight of the nine members of the coalition, which describes itself as reform-minded, endorsed the review effort to grade every college of education in the country against more than a dozen standards, based primarily on reviews of course requirements and syllabuses. Virginia Secretary of Education Gerard Robinson was the only holdout among the nine chiefs.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA