News in Brief
Eight 'Chiefs for Change' Endorse Ed. School Review
Eight state education chiefs belonging to the Chiefs for Change coalition have endorsed a controversial review of university-based teacher education programs now being conducted by the National Council on Teacher Quality and U.S. News & World Report.
Eight of the nine members of the coalition, which describes itself as reform-minded, endorsed the review effort to grade every college of education in the country against more than a dozen standards, based primarily on reviews of course requirements and syllabuses. Virginia Secretary of Education Gerard Robinson was the only holdout among the nine chiefs.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY
- Implementation Success Manager
- Apex Learning, CA
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL