News in Brief
Eight 'Chiefs for Change' Endorse Ed. School Review
Eight state education chiefs belonging to the Chiefs for Change coalition have endorsed a controversial review of university-based teacher education programs now being conducted by the National Council on Teacher Quality and U.S. News & World Report.
Eight of the nine members of the coalition, which describes itself as reform-minded, endorsed the review effort to grade every college of education in the country against more than a dozen standards, based primarily on reviews of course requirements and syllabuses. Virginia Secretary of Education Gerard Robinson was the only holdout among the nine chiefs.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA