News in Brief
Eight 'Chiefs for Change' Endorse Ed. School Review
Eight state education chiefs belonging to the Chiefs for Change coalition have endorsed a controversial review of university-based teacher education programs now being conducted by the National Council on Teacher Quality and U.S. News & World Report.
Eight of the nine members of the coalition, which describes itself as reform-minded, endorsed the review effort to grade every college of education in the country against more than a dozen standards, based primarily on reviews of course requirements and syllabuses. Virginia Secretary of Education Gerard Robinson was the only holdout among the nine chiefs.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School, Clearwater, FL
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ