News in Brief
Union Dues Under Fire
Republican state senators on a North Carolina legislative committee voted last week to strip the state's top teacher lobbying group, the North Carolina Association of Educators, of the ability to have voluntary membership dues deducted directly from teachers' paychecks. The Alabama Education Association is suing over similar legislation signed in its state late last year.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA