Union Dues Under Fire
Republican state senators on a North Carolina legislative committee voted last week to strip the state's top teacher lobbying group, the North Carolina Association of Educators, of the ability to have voluntary membership dues deducted directly from teachers' paychecks. The Alabama Education Association is suing over similar legislation signed in its state late last year.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- 9-12 Social Studies/PE & Health Teacher #349
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV