News in Brief
Union Dues Under Fire
Republican state senators on a North Carolina legislative committee voted last week to strip the state's top teacher lobbying group, the North Carolina Association of Educators, of the ability to have voluntary membership dues deducted directly from teachers' paychecks. The Alabama Education Association is suing over similar legislation signed in its state late last year.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Office Assistant
- Bell Shore Florist, CA