News in Brief
Union Dues Under Fire
Republican state senators on a North Carolina legislative committee voted last week to strip the state's top teacher lobbying group, the North Carolina Association of Educators, of the ability to have voluntary membership dues deducted directly from teachers' paychecks. The Alabama Education Association is suing over similar legislation signed in its state late last year.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL