News in Brief
Md. Clears College Path for Undocumented
Illegal immigrants who meet certain conditions—including completing two years at a community college and proving that their parents paid state income taxes—will be eligible for in-state college tuition in Maryland under a bill signed last week by Gov. Martin O'Malley. Republican opponents are leading a petition drive in hopes of overturning the legislation in a 2012 referendum.
Vol. 30, Issue 31, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO