News in Brief
Md. Clears College Path for Undocumented
Illegal immigrants who meet certain conditions—including completing two years at a community college and proving that their parents paid state income taxes—will be eligible for in-state college tuition in Maryland under a bill signed last week by Gov. Martin O'Malley. Republican opponents are leading a petition drive in hopes of overturning the legislation in a 2012 referendum.
Vol. 30, Issue 31, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Director, Special Services
- Easton & Redding School Districts, Easton, CT
- Butler Junior High School Principal, 6-8
- Butler School District 53, Oak Brook, IL
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO