News in Brief
Md. Clears College Path for Undocumented
Illegal immigrants who meet certain conditions—including completing two years at a community college and proving that their parents paid state income taxes—will be eligible for in-state college tuition in Maryland under a bill signed last week by Gov. Martin O'Malley. Republican opponents are leading a petition drive in hopes of overturning the legislation in a 2012 referendum.
Vol. 30, Issue 31, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Technology Teacher
- Brookwood School District 167, Glenwood, IL
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Director of Special Projects
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation, Gap, PA
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA