News in Brief
Md. Clears College Path for Undocumented
Illegal immigrants who meet certain conditions—including completing two years at a community college and proving that their parents paid state income taxes—will be eligible for in-state college tuition in Maryland under a bill signed last week by Gov. Martin O'Malley. Republican opponents are leading a petition drive in hopes of overturning the legislation in a 2012 referendum.
Vol. 30, Issue 31, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY