News in Brief
Charter Schools Founder Fired
The Los Angeles charter school organization Crescendo has fired its founder, John Allen, who was accused of ordering principals and teachers at six charter schools in the city to break the seal on state standardized tests and use the questions to prepare students. Some teachers reported the alleged cheating, which led the state to invalidate the schools' 2010 test scores. Mr. Allen, who initially denied the allegations, did not comment during the meeting at which he was fired.
Vol. 30, Issue 24, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Executive Director, Human Resource Services (Data Analysis and Strategic Alignment)
- Duval County Public Schools, Multiple Locations