Charter Schools Founder Fired
The Los Angeles charter school organization Crescendo has fired its founder, John Allen, who was accused of ordering principals and teachers at six charter schools in the city to break the seal on state standardized tests and use the questions to prepare students. Some teachers reported the alleged cheating, which led the state to invalidate the schools' 2010 test scores. Mr. Allen, who initially denied the allegations, did not comment during the meeting at which he was fired.
Vol. 30, Issue 24, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- High School Principal
- New Albany Plain Local Schools, New Albany, OH
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA