News in Brief
Charter Schools Founder Fired
The Los Angeles charter school organization Crescendo has fired its founder, John Allen, who was accused of ordering principals and teachers at six charter schools in the city to break the seal on state standardized tests and use the questions to prepare students. Some teachers reported the alleged cheating, which led the state to invalidate the schools' 2010 test scores. Mr. Allen, who initially denied the allegations, did not comment during the meeting at which he was fired.
Vol. 30, Issue 24, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN