News in Brief
Charter Schools Founder Fired
The Los Angeles charter school organization Crescendo has fired its founder, John Allen, who was accused of ordering principals and teachers at six charter schools in the city to break the seal on state standardized tests and use the questions to prepare students. Some teachers reported the alleged cheating, which led the state to invalidate the schools' 2010 test scores. Mr. Allen, who initially denied the allegations, did not comment during the meeting at which he was fired.
Vol. 30, Issue 24, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV