News in Brief
Charter Schools Founder Fired
The Los Angeles charter school organization Crescendo has fired its founder, John Allen, who was accused of ordering principals and teachers at six charter schools in the city to break the seal on state standardized tests and use the questions to prepare students. Some teachers reported the alleged cheating, which led the state to invalidate the schools' 2010 test scores. Mr. Allen, who initially denied the allegations, did not comment during the meeting at which he was fired.
Vol. 30, Issue 24, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Technology Teacher
- Brookwood School District 167, Glenwood, IL
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Director of Special Projects
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation, Gap, PA