News in Brief
Charter Schools Founder Fired
The Los Angeles charter school organization Crescendo has fired its founder, John Allen, who was accused of ordering principals and teachers at six charter schools in the city to break the seal on state standardized tests and use the questions to prepare students. Some teachers reported the alleged cheating, which led the state to invalidate the schools' 2010 test scores. Mr. Allen, who initially denied the allegations, did not comment during the meeting at which he was fired.
Vol. 30, Issue 24, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL