Obama: Idea of Bullying as Rite of Passage Must Change
The White House on Thursday put a spotlight on what it believes has become an epidemic for American schoolchildren: bullying.
President Barack Obama gathered about 150 parents, teachers, bullying victims, researchers, and staff from his education, health and human services, technology, and other departments at the White House to have frank conversations and generate fresh ideas for dealing with the problem—one he said he dealt with as a child.
"With big ears and the name that I have, I...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Rockwood School District, Eureka, MO
- Associate Director of Curriculum & Instruction
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO