News in Brief
D.C. to Appeal Firings Ruling
The District of Columbia will appeal an arbitrators ruling that former public schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee improperly fired 75 teachers in 2008, Mayor Vincent Gray announced last week. He said officials believe the arbitrator made a mistake in saying the city should give back-pay to individuals who were found not to be effective teachers. The arbitrator found that the school system did not tell teachers why they were being fired and did not give them a chance to defend themselves.
Vol. 30, Issue 22, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY