News in Brief
New Jersey Governor Signs Anti-Bullying Measure
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has signed an anti-bullying bill that advocates say is one of the toughest of its kind in the nation.
The retooled law requires anti-bullying programs and policies in public schools. Previously, like the anti-bullying laws in most states, such measures had only been recommended. Now, New Jersey schools will be required to have anti-bullying specialists and report incidents to the state.
Vol. 30, Issue 15, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA