News in Brief
New Jersey Governor Signs Anti-Bullying Measure
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has signed an anti-bullying bill that advocates say is one of the toughest of its kind in the nation.
The retooled law requires anti-bullying programs and policies in public schools. Previously, like the anti-bullying laws in most states, such measures had only been recommended. Now, New Jersey schools will be required to have anti-bullying specialists and report incidents to the state.
Vol. 30, Issue 15, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Hicksville Public Schools, Hicksville, NY
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Multiple Positions
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA