News in Brief
New Jersey Governor Signs Anti-Bullying Measure
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has signed an anti-bullying bill that advocates say is one of the toughest of its kind in the nation.
The retooled law requires anti-bullying programs and policies in public schools. Previously, like the anti-bullying laws in most states, such measures had only been recommended. Now, New Jersey schools will be required to have anti-bullying specialists and report incidents to the state.
Vol. 30, Issue 15, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Technology Teacher
- Brookwood School District 167, Glenwood, IL
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Director of Special Projects
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation, Gap, PA
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA