"Evaluating Teachers: The Important Role of Value-Added"
Value-added estimates, as one component of teacher evaluations, offer important information for teachers and administrators, and their reliability is roughly on par with performance estimates used in other fields, scholars conclude in a report released by the Washington-based Brookings Institution .
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- Chief Executive Officer
- Prince George's County Public Schools, Prince George`s County, MD
- Vermont Secretary of Education
- Vermont State Board of Education, VT