"The New Mexico PreK Evaluation: Impacts From the Fourth Year (2008-2009) of New Mexico’s State-Funded PreK Program"
A study of New Mexico’s prekindergarten program says the initiative has helped children improve their mathematics, vocabulary, and early literacy skills.
The National Institute for Early Education Research at New Jersey’s Rutgers University conducted the study, sampling more than 1,300 children in the 2008-09 school year. New Mexico started the prekindergarten program in 2005. However, on average, it serves fewer than one in five of the state’s 4-year-olds.
The state and the Philadelphia-based Pew Charitable Trusts financed the study.
Vol. 30, Issue 12, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA