News in Brief
Chicago Changes Layoff Rules
The Chicago board of education approved a policy last month for laying off teachers that would dismiss tenured teachers rated ineffective before dipping into the ranks of higher-rated novices. Newly elected Chicago Teachers Union head Karen Lewis assailed the policy, calling it illegal. The district argued that a provision in state law allows it to deviate from the seniority-based system spelled out in the contract.
Vol. 29, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Big Hollow School District #38, Ingleside, IL
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA