News in Brief
Chicago Changes Layoff Rules
The Chicago board of education approved a policy last month for laying off teachers that would dismiss tenured teachers rated ineffective before dipping into the ranks of higher-rated novices. Newly elected Chicago Teachers Union head Karen Lewis assailed the policy, calling it illegal. The district argued that a provision in state law allows it to deviate from the seniority-based system spelled out in the contract.
Vol. 29, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA