News in Brief
Chicago Changes Layoff Rules
The Chicago board of education approved a policy last month for laying off teachers that would dismiss tenured teachers rated ineffective before dipping into the ranks of higher-rated novices. Newly elected Chicago Teachers Union head Karen Lewis assailed the policy, calling it illegal. The district argued that a provision in state law allows it to deviate from the seniority-based system spelled out in the contract.
Vol. 29, Issue 36, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ
- Director of Academic and Strategic Initiatives - Instruction
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School, Clearwater, FL