Give Us the Truth About School Violence
The Obama administration recently announced its intention to ask Congress for significant changes to the little-loved No Child Left Behind law when it reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. Sadly, the administration’s “blueprint for reform” doesn’t mention the NCLB provisions that should concern every parent: those designed to stop the rising epidemic of violence in the nation’s schools. This oversight is understandable, considering that the current U.S. secretary of education was a serial violator of federal rules designed to make public schools safe during his tenure as...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY