News in Brief
Cleveland Teachers' Dispute Will Proceed to Arbitration
An arbitrator will decide whether more than 600 teachers in the Cleveland school district have to vacate their schools and reapply for positions with the system. The two sides agreed last week to take the issue to arbitration, and a judge then dismissed an earlier lawsuit filed by the union.
The move comes at a time when the district is trying to close a $20.9 million budget gap and is asking teachers to accept a 4.6 percent pay cut.
Vol. 29, Issue 35, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Invitation to Teaching Professionals to Score edTPA
- Pearson, US
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- High School Principal, Chicago Public Schools
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC