News in Brief
Cleveland Teachers' Dispute Will Proceed to Arbitration
An arbitrator will decide whether more than 600 teachers in the Cleveland school district have to vacate their schools and reapply for positions with the system. The two sides agreed last week to take the issue to arbitration, and a judge then dismissed an earlier lawsuit filed by the union.
The move comes at a time when the district is trying to close a $20.9 million budget gap and is asking teachers to accept a 4.6 percent pay cut.
Vol. 29, Issue 35, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Talent Recruiter
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Glenwood Springs, CO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Council Rock School District (Pennsylvania), Newtown, PA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA