News in Brief
Cleveland Teachers' Dispute Will Proceed to Arbitration
An arbitrator will decide whether more than 600 teachers in the Cleveland school district have to vacate their schools and reapply for positions with the system. The two sides agreed last week to take the issue to arbitration, and a judge then dismissed an earlier lawsuit filed by the union.
The move comes at a time when the district is trying to close a $20.9 million budget gap and is asking teachers to accept a 4.6 percent pay cut.
Vol. 29, Issue 35, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY