News in Brief
Cleveland Teachers' Dispute Will Proceed to Arbitration
An arbitrator will decide whether more than 600 teachers in the Cleveland school district have to vacate their schools and reapply for positions with the system. The two sides agreed last week to take the issue to arbitration, and a judge then dismissed an earlier lawsuit filed by the union.
The move comes at a time when the district is trying to close a $20.9 million budget gap and is asking teachers to accept a 4.6 percent pay cut.
Vol. 29, Issue 35, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH