News in Brief
Ohio Schools to Teach Safe Dating
Ohio schools must try to help stop violence in dating, under a bill signed by Gov. Ted Strickland, a Democrat, that requires school boards to adopt policies to prevent and address abusive student relationships, train staff members on the subject, and add lessons on the prevention of dating violence to health classes for grades 7-12. The legislation has been called “Tina’s Law” after an 18-year-old in southwest Ohio who was shot and killed by her ex-boyfriend in 1992.
Vol. 29, Issue 16, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY