News in Brief
Ohio Schools to Teach Safe Dating
Ohio schools must try to help stop violence in dating, under a bill signed by Gov. Ted Strickland, a Democrat, that requires school boards to adopt policies to prevent and address abusive student relationships, train staff members on the subject, and add lessons on the prevention of dating violence to health classes for grades 7-12. The legislation has been called “Tina’s Law” after an 18-year-old in southwest Ohio who was shot and killed by her ex-boyfriend in 1992.
Vol. 29, Issue 16, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Head of School
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL