News in Brief
Ohio Settles Spec. Ed. Case
Ohio must make sure school districts meet federal special education requirements, under the partial settlement of an 18-year-long lawsuit approved last week by a federal judge in Columbus. The litigation is meant to level out the special education disparities between districts, which can force parents of students with disabilities to comparison-shop for schools with adequate services. The class action filed against the state by eight special-needs students and their parents goes back 18 years.
Vol. 29, Issue 09, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC
- Director of Math and Science
- Reading School District, Reading, PA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Science Teacher
- Cle Elum-Roslyn School District, Cle Elum, WA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY