News in Brief
Ohio Settles Spec. Ed. Case
Ohio must make sure school districts meet federal special education requirements, under the partial settlement of an 18-year-long lawsuit approved last week by a federal judge in Columbus. The litigation is meant to level out the special education disparities between districts, which can force parents of students with disabilities to comparison-shop for schools with adequate services. The class action filed against the state by eight special-needs students and their parents goes back 18 years.
Vol. 29, Issue 09, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO