News in Brief
Ohio Settles Spec. Ed. Case
Ohio must make sure school districts meet federal special education requirements, under the partial settlement of an 18-year-long lawsuit approved last week by a federal judge in Columbus. The litigation is meant to level out the special education disparities between districts, which can force parents of students with disabilities to comparison-shop for schools with adequate services. The class action filed against the state by eight special-needs students and their parents goes back 18 years.
Vol. 29, Issue 09, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations