News in Brief
Ohio Settles Spec. Ed. Case
Ohio must make sure school districts meet federal special education requirements, under the partial settlement of an 18-year-long lawsuit approved last week by a federal judge in Columbus. The litigation is meant to level out the special education disparities between districts, which can force parents of students with disabilities to comparison-shop for schools with adequate services. The class action filed against the state by eight special-needs students and their parents goes back 18 years.
Vol. 29, Issue 09, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL