The Readiness Agenda
Texas Aligns High School, Entry-Level College Standards
A lot of hope is riding on a little document in the big state of Texas.
Educators and policymakers who have long agonized over the Lone Star State’s low college-going rate and its high remediation rate are charting a course they hope will lead to better outcomes. And they’re using that document—the Texas College and Career Readiness Standards —as a key navigating tool.
At 43 pages, the standards for college and career readiness are dwarfed by the state’s 480-page core curriculum, known as the Texas Essential Knowledge...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI
- Roaring Fork School District, Carbondale, CO