News in Brief
Many Ohio Voters Turn Down Round of School Tax Proposals
A sluggish economy and uncertainty over the Ohio governor’s education plan were among factors that led voters to reject more than a third of the latest round of school tax proposals, defeats likely to force layoffs and the cancellation of extracurricular activities.
Voters rejected 54 of 158 school tax issues on ballots across the state, according to data released by the Ohio Department of Education last week.
In districts that suffered defeats, officials said they will have to close buildings, lay off teachers, and make other difficult cuts.
Vol. 28, Issue 31, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain