News in Brief
Many Ohio Voters Turn Down Round of School Tax Proposals
A sluggish economy and uncertainty over the Ohio governor’s education plan were among factors that led voters to reject more than a third of the latest round of school tax proposals, defeats likely to force layoffs and the cancellation of extracurricular activities.
Voters rejected 54 of 158 school tax issues on ballots across the state, according to data released by the Ohio Department of Education last week.
In districts that suffered defeats, officials said they will have to close buildings, lay off teachers, and make other difficult cuts.
Vol. 28, Issue 31, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Penncrest School District, PA