News in Brief
Ark. Auditors Call for Clear Rules on Concurrent-Enrollment Tuition
Arkansas should clarify its policies on college tuition and fees for high school students who are also enrolled in state university classes, legislative auditors say.
A report released last week by the state Division of Legislative Audit claims that how charges are paid varies drastically among schools. State regulations already provide for public colleges to report waived tuition and fees as scholarships unless the money is funded privately, but “over time ... some entities have gotten away from that,” said Dale Ellis, a spokesman for the Department of Higher Education.
In fall 2008, more than 2,700 students were concurrently enrolled in four-year Arkansas universities.
Vol. 28, Issue 28, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Principal at Northridge High School
- Tuscaloosa City Schools, Tuscaloosa, AL
- High School Principal
- Harrisonburg City Public Schools, VA