News in Brief
Utah District Cleared on ESL
Federal monitoring of the Salt Lake City school district over its teaching of English as a second language has ended. The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights had been monitoring the district over a 2001 discrimination complaint that alleged the district had too few teachers trained to teach ESL. In 2001, the district had 97 ESL-endorsed teachers. Today it has about 900 trained in ESL.
Vol. 28, Issue 28, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY