News in Brief
Utah District Cleared on ESL
Federal monitoring of the Salt Lake City school district over its teaching of English as a second language has ended. The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights had been monitoring the district over a 2001 discrimination complaint that alleged the district had too few teachers trained to teach ESL. In 2001, the district had 97 ESL-endorsed teachers. Today it has about 900 trained in ESL.
Vol. 28, Issue 28, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Oak Creek- Franklin Jt. School District, Oak Creek, WI
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Director of Special Projects
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation, Gap, PA