News in Brief
Utah District Cleared on ESL
Federal monitoring of the Salt Lake City school district over its teaching of English as a second language has ended. The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights had been monitoring the district over a 2001 discrimination complaint that alleged the district had too few teachers trained to teach ESL. In 2001, the district had 97 ESL-endorsed teachers. Today it has about 900 trained in ESL.
Vol. 28, Issue 28, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL