News in Brief
Utah District Cleared on ESL
Federal monitoring of the Salt Lake City school district over its teaching of English as a second language has ended. The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights had been monitoring the district over a 2001 discrimination complaint that alleged the district had too few teachers trained to teach ESL. In 2001, the district had 97 ESL-endorsed teachers. Today it has about 900 trained in ESL.
Vol. 28, Issue 28, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Commissioner of Education
- CT State Department of Education, Hartford, CT
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO