News in Brief
Founder Levine Severs Ties With 'All Kinds of Minds'
Dr. Melvin Levine, a pediatrician and founder of the educational research institute All Kinds of Minds, has stepped down from his role as a consultant to the Durham, N.C., organization in the wake of sexual-abuse accusations.
Dr. Levine founded All Kinds of Minds in 1995 with financier Charles Schwab. Dr. Levine told the board of the organization of his decision not to renew his consulting agreement, and the board released a statement Nov. 25 saying that it accepted his decision.
The author of A Mind at a Time and The Myth of Laziness, Dr. Levine has been a longtime advocate on behalf of children with learning disabilities. In March, a Boston lawyer filed suit against Dr. Levine on behalf of five plaintiffs who said Dr. Levine sexually abused them in the 1980s when they were patients. Dr. Levine has denied all the charges.
Vol. 28, Issue 15, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Penncrest School District, PA
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV