News in Brief
Educator's Life Story to Air
The life of Cobb County, Ga., educator Brad Cohen will be the subject of a “Hallmark Hall of Fame” movie scheduled to air at 9 p.m. Eastern time, Dec. 7 on CBS. Mr. Cohen, a former teacher of 2nd and 3rd graders, has Tourette Syndrome, a disorder characterized by physical and vocal tics. He is an area lead teacher in the 106,000-student Cobb County district. The movie, “Front of the Class,” is based on Mr. Cohen’s 2005 book of the same name.
Vol. 28, Issue 14, Pages 4-5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Senior Education Policy Analyst, North Carolina
- The Hunt Institute, Durham, NC
- Deputy Director for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), Wiesbaden, Germany
- Middle School Principal
- Roosevelt Children's Academy Charter School, Roosevelt, NY
- PRINCIPAL - POWELL MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Hernando County School District, Brooksville, FL