Forty-four percent of teachers spent more than $500 of their own money on classroom supplies last year, says a study by the Denver-based Quality Education Data.
Twenty percent of the teachers surveyed said they spent more than $1,000 on classroom supplies annually. Most out-of-pocket money went toward student rewards and classroom-decoration, professional, and lesson materials. Teachers in the South and West were more likely to spend money on English-language-learning materials.
Vol. 27, Issue 02, Page 5
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO