Forty-four percent of teachers spent more than $500 of their own money on classroom supplies last year, says a study by the Denver-based Quality Education Data.
Twenty percent of the teachers surveyed said they spent more than $1,000 on classroom supplies annually. Most out-of-pocket money went toward student rewards and classroom-decoration, professional, and lesson materials. Teachers in the South and West were more likely to spend money on English-language-learning materials.
Vol. 27, Issue 02, Page 5
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom