Forty-four percent of teachers spent more than $500 of their own money on classroom supplies last year, says a study by the Denver-based Quality Education Data.
Twenty percent of the teachers surveyed said they spent more than $1,000 on classroom supplies annually. Most out-of-pocket money went toward student rewards and classroom-decoration, professional, and lesson materials. Teachers in the South and West were more likely to spend money on English-language-learning materials.
Vol. 27, Issue 02, Page 5
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI