Forty-four percent of teachers spent more than $500 of their own money on classroom supplies last year, says a study by the Denver-based Quality Education Data.
Twenty percent of the teachers surveyed said they spent more than $1,000 on classroom supplies annually. Most out-of-pocket money went toward student rewards and classroom-decoration, professional, and lesson materials. Teachers in the South and West were more likely to spend money on English-language-learning materials.
Vol. 27, Issue 02, Page 5
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL