For the second year in a row, the 152,000-student Pinellas County, Fla., school district provided elementary pupils with the healthiest school lunches of nearly two dozen districts examined nationwide, according to a study by the Washington-based Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
Pinellas County was the only district to earn a grade of A, while the Charlotte-Mecklenburg, N.C., Fairfax County, Va., and San Diego Unified districts each earned an A-minus.
The best lunches, according to the report, include a variety of fiber-rich fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and legumes. The committee gathered data from elementary school cafeterias in 22 of the largest districts in the United States.
Vol. 27, Issue 01, Page 5
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Deputy Superintendent
- Blue Valley Schools, Overland Park, KS
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY