Published: June 12, 2007
About 70 percent of all students in the nation graduate from high school with a regular diploma, according to 2003-04 data from the EPE Research Center. Thirty percentage points separate the graduation rates in best- and worst-performing states (83.8 percent in Utah vs. 53.8 percent in South Carolina). Large disparities are found across racial and ethnic groups, with about half of American Indian and black students graduating, compared with more than three-quarters of...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Subscribe to Education Week
You Save 20% or More!
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY