Loud Complaints Over Noise Rules
District in Connecticut finds itself in a squeeze.
A state law regulating noise standards for classrooms in Connecticut is drawing quite a racket from officials in a small school district near Hartford.
The 3,272-student Colchester district ran into problems when it brought in portable classrooms to relieve overcrowding at Bacon Academy, the district’s public high school, which is about 150 students over capacity. Before the school could put them to use, officials were informed by the state department of education that the portables no longer met noise standards...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV