Eighty-nine percent of California's public schools do not offer standards-based courses in dance, music, visual arts, and theater, falling short of state goals set up in 2001 by the California state board of education, a report by SRI International says.
The nonprofit Menlo Park, Calif.-based research institute also found that California students fall below the national average in hours of art instruction.
Vol. 26, Issue 27, Page 14
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO