Eighty-nine percent of California's public schools do not offer standards-based courses in dance, music, visual arts, and theater, falling short of state goals set up in 2001 by the California state board of education, a report by SRI International says.
The nonprofit Menlo Park, Calif.-based research institute also found that California students fall below the national average in hours of art instruction.
Vol. 26, Issue 27, Page 14
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Brevard Public Schools, FL