Eighty-nine percent of California's public schools do not offer standards-based courses in dance, music, visual arts, and theater, falling short of state goals set up in 2001 by the California state board of education, a report by SRI International says.
The nonprofit Menlo Park, Calif.-based research institute also found that California students fall below the national average in hours of art instruction.
Vol. 26, Issue 27, Page 14
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA