Eighty-nine percent of California's public schools do not offer standards-based courses in dance, music, visual arts, and theater, falling short of state goals set up in 2001 by the California state board of education, a report by SRI International says.
The nonprofit Menlo Park, Calif.-based research institute also found that California students fall below the national average in hours of art instruction.
Vol. 26, Issue 27, Page 14
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME