Leadership Changes Roil St. Louis District
State’s education chief names panel to study troubled school system.
Upheaval in the highest ranks of the St. Louis public schools on the eve of a new academic year has prompted Missouri’s top education official to appoint a special committee to help fix the troubled district.
State Commissioner of Education D. Kent King asked the five-member panel to make recommendations to him on improving a district thrown into turmoil when Creg E. Williams abruptly left his post as superintendent last month.
St. Louis school leaders are rushing to get schools ready to...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA