Proposition 227 Study Left an Open Question
To the Editor:
The five-year study of California’s Proposition 227 described in your article "Prop. 227 Seen as Focusing on ‘Wrong Issue’" (March 1, 2006) shows there is no difference between English immersion and bilingual education when it comes to the learning effectiveness of one method over the other. But it left out the forced immersion of non-Spanish-speaking, non-English-speaking students, who are required to be immersed for two reasons: lack of teachers and lack of political clout. Do these English-immersed groups perform better on English tests?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Free Online K-12 STEM Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Seattle, Washington Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, WA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Birmingham, AL Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fai
- Birmingham City Schools, Birmingham, AL
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Charlottesville, Virginia Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Albemarle County Public Schools, Charlottesville, VA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Milwaukee, Wisconsin SchoolsJoin Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI