News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Public Hearings Scheduled On IDEA Regulations
The Department of Education will hold public hearings in June and July to gather opinions on forthcoming proposed regulations for the recently reauthorized Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
The seven public meetings will be held at these locations: June 6 in San Antonio; June 17 in Nashville, Tenn.; June 22 in Sacramento, Calif.; June 24 in Las Vegas; June 27 in New York City; June 29 in Chicago; and July 12 in Washington. Specific location information will be published in an upcoming issue of the Federal Register.
The hearings will provide an opportunity to comment on the draft regulations for the law, which seeks to ensure that every child with a disability has a free, appropriate public education that reflects the standards of the No Child Left Behind Act. The regulations will be released sometime this spring, according to the Education Department, which hopes to issue final IDEA regulations by December.
Vol. 24, Issue 31, Page 40
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA