Click It: A Web Roundup
Cover It Live
Cover It Live is a Web-based program that allows educators to have live discussions—or chats—online for free. Many education bloggers have found the site useful because it allows them to embed discussion threads directly into a personal Web space. Rather than having to rely on a static comment thread for reader feedback, Cover It Live adds a real-time element to blogging discussions.
The online interface includes features that allow users to upload and share multimedia files, including videos, photos, Web links, and group polling data. An added feature lets Twitter users access the conversation and contribute “tweets,” or short comments, that they’ve posted on the microblogging site Twitter. Late participants can also instantly replay a conversation after it has ended. To set up a conversation, a group moderator must register and create the forum space; then anyone can join without having to register for the service.
Vol. 03, Issue 03
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador
- K-12 Teacher
- TIE, Hyannis, MA
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT
- Middle School Band Teacher
- The International Educator, Hong Kong