Click It: A Web Roundup
You can bring the museum to the classroom with Smart History, a "web book" for art-history teachers. Paintings are listed in a variety of categories, chronologically or by period, style, or artist. Each piece of art is accompanied by multimedia presentations that help tell the story of the artist. Within the online collection are 220 popular works with descriptions, offered by art professors and teachers, that help convey the place of each piece in history. All the information on the free site is designed to engage both teachers and students. Smart History has drawn positive reviews and won a 2009 Webby Award for best education site. Not bad for two educators from New York City who started this site as a blog space just four years ago.
Vol. 03, Issue 03
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- K-12 Head of School
- TIE, Switzerland
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Seattle, Washington Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, WA
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Charlottesville, Virginia Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Albemarle County Public Schools, Charlottesville, VA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Boston, Massachusetts Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA