Click It: A Web Roundup
You can bring the museum to the classroom with Smart History, a "web book" for art-history teachers. Paintings are listed in a variety of categories, chronologically or by period, style, or artist. Each piece of art is accompanied by multimedia presentations that help tell the story of the artist. Within the online collection are 220 popular works with descriptions, offered by art professors and teachers, that help convey the place of each piece in history. All the information on the free site is designed to engage both teachers and students. Smart History has drawn positive reviews and won a 2009 Webby Award for best education site. Not bad for two educators from New York City who started this site as a blog space just four years ago.
Vol. 03, Issue 03
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador
- City of Cape Coral Charter School Authority, Cape Coral, FL
- Spanish Immersion - Elementary
- Fox Chapel Area School District, Fox Chapel, PA
- Middle School Band Teacher
- The International Educator, Hong Kong
- Chief Academic Officer
- School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL, FL