Every Student Succeeds Act
The latest news about ESSA—the latest revision of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act—including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
Smaller school districts could face unique challenges in complying with the federal education law’s mandate for evidence-based strategies when it comes to improving their lowest-performing schools.(September 10, 2019)
In this Spotlight, learn what ESSA's implementation will mean for teacher evaluation, early-childhood programs, literacy, and more.
In this Spotlight, read about ESSA’s impact on interim assessments, the opt-out movement, and learn how teachers are adding purpose to their assessments.
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
In this e-book, Education Week gets to the heart of a law set to reshape the education policy landscape in a host of issue areas, including school accountability and testing, teacher quality, academic standards, and English-language learners.
This Education Week special report offers a big-picture look at the state of play on ESSA nationally, along with deeper dives into issues of school accountability, student assessment, data transparency, and school improvement.
Politics K-12 Blog
Nearly all states have now laid out their blueprints for how they intend to hold schools accountable under the Every Student Succeeds Act. Here's our review of state ESSA plans.
EDUCATION WEEK QUIZ
What is the "Weighted Student Funding Pilot", how do select states plan to use Title II funding, and how does ESSA influence state flexibility in determining teacher evaluation criteria?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary School Principal
- Voices College-Bound Language Academies, San Jose, California
- Principal - Dalewood Middle School 20888- 2020-2021 w/ $15,000 Bonus Potential
- Hamilton County Department of Education, Chattanooga, TN, US
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- *Teacher-Leader Pathway Talent Pool (2020-2021)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Charlotte, NC, US
- Lower School Special Ed Science Teacher; Dept Chair Opportunity Available (2020-21)
- The Quad Preparatory School, New York City, New York